This is so easy it's hardly worth writing, but perhaps it will be of some value. Here's how I installed Adobe Reader 9.4 in Debian Lenny (32 bit, x86).
- Download Adobe Reader 9.4 from http://get.adobe.com/reader/. Alternatively, I think you could use this direct link with wget: http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/9.x/9.4.0/enu/AdbeRdr9.4-1_i486linux_enu.bin
- Make the installation binary file executable:
chmod +x AdbeRdr9.4-1_i486linux_enu.bin
- Start the installation (as su or sudo):
- Tell the installer where you want Reader installed. It suggests /opt, which is a fine place to put it.
- You're done. Open a PDF with: